Nothing is a more simple and convenient way to get the nutrients after an intense workout than to protein shakes and protein bars. One of the easiest ways to repair damaged tissue and build muscle without getting you fat. It is quite understandable that cooking up daily protein requirements is not easy for everyone, especially those who have just finished their exhausting workout. Protein bars in India don’t have the same ingredients in them that vary brand to brand. Some of them are high in sugar that are not definitely good for any of your fitness regime. If you are looking for the best protein bar in India make sure it consists of an adequate amount of protein from a wide range of natural ingredients like whey, peanuts, quinoa, and others.
Things Look upto while Purchasing A Protein bar:
Upto purchasing the best protein bar in India, few things to keep in mind.
- Check the carbohydrate and sugar content in the protein bar. Many bars use high fructose corn syrup or palm oil, or others that are not good for health. So, avoid the bar with too much sugar content. In 100 grams of protein only 7 grams or less than sugar is recommended.
- Check the protein sources used in the bars. Make sure, a protein bar contains a wide range of sources for proteins including whey, peanuts, seeds, and others.
Actually, for the best protein bar, there is no better option than making them at home.
Making Protein Bars at Home
Normally, we look up to the leading brands for protein bars but it is better to make them at home because you have fully controlled over the ingredients and you can change them as per your requirement. Making them at home is really worth your time. It is not rocket science to make it but you need some basic things to make the protein bars at home. You may be surprised to know that some of the bars don’t even require baking. Here are some methods to make highly effective vegetarian protein bars and the ingredients used in them.
Apple Pie Protein Bar
As the name suggests, it must contain natural sugar from apples. So, don’t worry if you have a sweet tooth. All you have to do is follow the making process of this protein bar. No doubt, it is the perfect recipe that is required to satisfy the cravings. Good news is the process doesn’t use the added sugar and fats that kills your fitness efforts. With the Apple pie protein bar, you will get 10g of protein. You can have it in the morning or in the evening or anytime you are feeling cravings. It is ideal and worth trying snacks.
- a large baking dish
- greased paper
- protein powder (½ cup)
- almond flour (½ cup)
- granulated sweetener (2 tbsp)
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice
- microwave-safe bowl
- nut butter (¼ cup)
- keto maple syrup (1/2 cup)
- Take a large mixing bowl with greased paper and combine the recommended protein powder, almond flour, granulated sweetener, nutmeg, cinnamon, and mixed spice. Mix them properly.
- Use a microwave-safe bowl and mix nut butter and keto maple syrup in it and heat it till melted.
- Make the mixture dry. When it is dry and mixed well, add unsweetened applesauce.
- You can add the milk of choice 1 tbsp at a time. Now get a thick, firm batter. Keep it now in a lined baking dish and then press.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
Pistachio Protein Bar
Pistachio contains 159 calories, 7.7 grams of carbohydrates, 5.72 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, in one ounce servings. Along with these, it consists of manganese, copper, vitamin B 6, phosphorus, and other nutrients. To have it as a bar is one of the most shrewd things to do.
- Pistachio (1½ cups)
- Honey (⅓ cup)
- pumpkin seeds (¼ cup)
- orange juice (½ cup )
- protein powder ( 2 tbsp)
- Nutmeg ( 1 tbsp )
- cocoa powder (1 tbsp unsweetened)
- Take pistachio, and roast it for 5 minutes at least.
- Make sure they don’t burn. Now keep them in the blender until you get a smooth paste out of it.
- Add the pistachio butter with the banana in the saucepan.
- Heat the pan on low heat.
- Take it off the heat
- Now mix honey, orange juice, cocoa powder, the nutmeg, and protein powder.
- Take the mixture to a baking tray,
- Now make them flatten and cut the bars.
- Allow the bars to get cool for at least 2 hours.
Have you tried any of these recipes before or what is your favourite homemade protein bar recipe, feel free to share your recipe and experience with us in the comments below.